Re: [SLUG] Multiple Distros Shared home?

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jul 12 2009 - 20:41:26 EDT

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Ron Youvan wrote:

>> Make sure hda and hdc don't hang if a mount's not mountable. It would suck
>> if one died and you were dead in the water.
>
> I've never had that occur since 1997 using 3 drives as soon as I could
> afford it.

Good on ya then. There are IT horror stories of machines which have
interlocking NFS mounts, so they work when the're up but you run into a
Catch-22 trying to boot them. Obviously your situation is enough different
that that doesn't happen.

--
-eben           QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP           royalty.mine.nu:81
Two atoms are discussing whether or not to go into a bar. The first atom