Re: [SLUG] firefox is seriously dragging

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 11:12:46 EDT

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Shawn J. Goff wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:45:45 -0400 (EDT)
> Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> I've seen that. And since FF isn't threaded you can't narrow down
>>> the offending window by suspending each thread in turn until the
>>> load drops and then seeing which window is nonresponsive.
>>>
>>> I would love to ditch some tabs. Is there a way to get a list of
>>> all open URLs, so I can start from "no tabs" and go upward if
>>> needed and not lose data?
>>
>> OK, I found a file that has the information:
>>
>> ~/.mozilla/firefox/********.default/sessionstore.js
>>
>> Can anyone identify the language or delimiting characters, or come up
>> with a string of commands that parses it? Here's an excerpt:

[snip]

>> Line breaks are few and far between in that file.
>>
> That is JSON, a form of Javascript object literal. You could pull out
> everything with "http..." to get all the urls.

Yeah, there's over 3000 of them. It includes each tab's history. I thought
of parsing the file programmatically enough to extract them that way.

> There is also a "Bookmark All Tabs" function under the bookmarks menu.
> This will create a bookmark folder with all your open pages in there.

Good, I'll see if that works. It might require that the tabs be loaded
before it bookmarks them, which puts me back where I started. Wait, does
that only apply to the tabs in that window? I suspect it does. Don't
suppose it has a hotkey...

It crashed during loading before I went to bed last night.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.mine.nu:81
Answer: two spoonfuls in my cup, please.