[SLUG] WebTV

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 14:51:12 EDT

I find myself in posession of a WebTV, and am considering giving it to my
grandmother (think the worst computer-illiterate person you know times 10,
plus self-esteem problems to boot) on the grounds that, since its
capabilities are really limited, she can't screw it up too badly.

The device works as far as I know. It uses some online service, correct?
Does it use standard SMTP/POP protocols? I assume it can browse the web,
and this one arrived with a parallel cable so apparently it supports local
printing. How about cookiaes, Javascript, and Flash? Are there
compatibility problems?

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person... but