Re: [SLUG] Engadget & Linux

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 11:50:52 EDT

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:15, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> Anyone got engadget.com videos to work on the page in Linux?  Right now my
> nemesis is
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/16/eigenharp-alpha-pico-demo-and-mind-blowing-concert-hands-on/
>
> but I've run into other engadget pages with the same behavior in the past. I
> tried it in the VM where I have Flash, Flashblock and Noscript, but
> disabling the last two didn't make the video work.  What generally works is
> taking the URL to a Windows box and accessing it through there, which of
> course I hate to do.

It is working for me, I have trouble with some others, I was trying to view a
Discovery Channel video, I see it but it is herkyjerky and the audio stutters,
or comes in in chunks... Others show the video just fine but the audio is still
herkyjerky or suttery...

Hey!!! I want one of those instruments, Awesome!!!

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;