Re: [SLUG] Engadget & Linux

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 16:04:29 EDT

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, Ron Youvan wrote:

>> Anyone got engadget.com videos to work on the page in Linux? Right now my
>> nemesis is
>
>> http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/16/eigenharp-alpha-pico-demo-and-mind-blowing-concert-hands-on/
>
> All 3 panes of "flash" play just fine using Slackware 12.1 and sea monkey
> 1.1.18 if you want the flv files let me know, since it's not Mozart I didn't
> watch more than half a minute or so.

In the past I've had to use a browser on Windows going through a proxy so it
stores each URL fetched to get the links, but since the videos work there
the URLs are superfluous. If I could figure out a pattern for the flv's URL
I could extract it without involving Flash. This goes to

http://www.viddler.com/player/a57b9594/

and I've never run into a viddler.com URL. It points to an swf (ShockWave
Flash, I think).

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81
VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except