[SLUG] non-ASCII characters vs xmms2

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 21:48:08 EST

Has anyone had success entering non-ASCII characters (still in both
ISO8859-0 and UTF8) into xmms2? I have an album with Norwegian characters
[1] and I cannot get the non-ASCII characters to show up as what they
actually should be. I've tried using id3v2 in bash in gnome-terminal with
both ISO8859-1 and UTF8 character encoding, as well as xterm launched from
gnome-terminal with those two encodings. They can look like garbage in
id3v2 or in xmms2's text interface, as long as they look "right" in xmms2's
graphical interface. Is there a GUI tool for entering ID3v2 tags that works
better? Thanks.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ompa_til_du_dør or
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ompa_til_du_d%f8r

--
"Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at
only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the [1st C