Re: [SLUG] USB Turntable $30 (sale!)

From: Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) (pashworth@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 2009 - 23:21:57 EST

-----Original Message-----
>From: Pete Theisen <petetheisen@verizon.net>
>

>Hi Pam,
>
>You do have a fair collection. I think an LP is 20 to 26 minutes per
>side and you have 60 of them? And 150 45s that average 3 minutes? That
>is 30 hours + 15 hours and the sapphire "jewel" only lasts 40 to 50
>hours at best so you might wear a couple of the last records. This
>assumes that all your takes are good the first time.
>
>And the range is 100 to 8000, not hi-fi at all. Hi-fi is 20 - 20,000. If
>you don't care, then . . .
>--

I used to listen to songs I'd taped off the radio. Drove my brother nuts. (especially that one tape that had "True" on *both* sides.
Mostly I'm too lazy. I'd prefer to...see if anyone else has done the same songs before I got to them. Though actually, Half my LP collection is Osmond albums that were old *when I bought them*

Then again, a lot of my records were played frequently by someone younger than 13 years old, so they sould like crap anyway. I specifically remember that the last turntable my father bought me (when he couldn't fix my old one, in 83) was so good that it played through skips that had been there since I was *twelve.* (1971) It was odd to be able to hear *all* the lyrics again. (it may be time to go hunt for Partridges)

--
Pam from Boston
Support Fun TV - Save Chuck!