[SLUG] Need to clean this up.

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 15:56:28 EST

My little experiment with multiple linux versions did not fly as well as I had
planned. So I need to clean the mess up. Somehow when I installed the
second distro (actually Kubuntu) I ended up with the the boot pointing at
grub in the kubuntu partition, when it boots it actually points at that grub
setup, and the menu list there. I need to get rid of the whole thing. I also
want the grub boot to point at the boot I am using which is on a different
partition, I am trying to figure out where I need to go and tell whats on the
MBR to aim at the proper boot partition.
Here is the present disk layout.

sda1 = 9G boot for Unbuntu 9.10
sda2 = extended
sda5 = swap
sda6 = 86.6G Holds Ubuntu home/user_directories
sda7 = 83.2G partition with boot for Kubuntu (this one goes away)

At this time the MBR points to sda7, when grub runs it points to sda1
which boots, if I want to boot Kubuntu I just change the selection. But
when I get rid of the Kubuntu partition, the MBR will no longer point to
a usable grub boot, I am trying to remember how to change what is on
the mbr to point to the boot on sda1.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;