[SLUG] Pinellas Unix People Minutes

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 01:07:14 EST

This isn't a proper minutes, as it doesn't include hallucinations or
obscure speech, but:

Firstly, In regards to Pete's question about scrollable tables, we discussed
that you only need CSS, and not javascript, for that.

As for a review of the meeting itself, jquery was introduced and
demonstrated, although my JS presentation/slide engine was not done,
progress was made during the meeting itself.

I also want to thank everyone that showed up - including a few that
arn't on this list. Our turnout was about 14 people, with two
declinations that wanted to come but had previous obligations.

We didn't have a projector (again), but I think people are getting used
to huddling around the 19" LCD.

Our discussion topic (the web) was pretty popular, and we were suprisingly topical
during the first-hour free-form period.

Next month our topic is "unix and networks", and we will hopefully have
two presentations - the first will be a HOWTO on OpenVPN (20 mins)
and we have no decided on the second, but a decision will be reached
within the next two weeks[2].

[1] http://www.imaputz.com/cssStuff/bigFourVersion.html
[2] We are attempting to announce the presentations (if any) two weeks
    in advance of the meeting, which is two weeks from today (= wednesday).

--
Keep grandma off the streets -- legalize bingo.
-