Re: [SLUG] Why isn't firefox 3.5 working?

From: Seth (setheck@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 18:04:39 EST

Try opening the console.
There you should see a command prompt.
usually it ends in $
right there you put in "firefox" with no quotes, and hit TAB a few
times. what comes up?
It should show you some options if you have a firefox binary in your
path.
here is mine as an example

What your seeing is me enter firefox, then pres tab twice. finding one
named simply "firefox" i use the which command to figure out where it
actually is. Since i saw that the full path was /usr/bin/firefox, I then
use ls with option l to get some details. We can see that firefox is
located in /usr/bin/ and is a symbolic link to /usr/bin/firefox-3.5
$ firefox
firefox firefox-3.5
$ which firefox
/usr/bin/firefox
$ ls -l /usr/bin/firefox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2009-07-23 14:03 /usr/bin/firefox
-> /usr/bin/firefox-3.5