Re: [SLUG] little purple boxes (WAS: CCNA DVD)

From: blee2@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 11:18:39 EST

Thus Steven Van Tilburg hast written on Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 10:17:50AM -0500, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> >They have
> >3 NICs, a serial port and an internal CF reader that connects to IDE
> >for storage. But that's about it. ...The power switches are cool too.
> >We were never able to get them to boot anything except what is in flash.
>
> Are they some sort of x86 box? Do you get any sort of BIOS or start
> screen when booting?

Yes. x86 and a standard BIOS screen.
It's been 2 years since I fiddled with them so I'm a bit fuzzy.
I'll bring them to the next PUP meeting on Feb 17 in case somone wants to
fiddle.