Re: [SLUG] Income Tax

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter33@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 08:45:13 EDT

I just use a VB of windows and downloaded turbotax. The program will efile
for you.

William

On Apr 13, 2010 11:36 PM, <rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

Has anybody been able to file their income tax using Linux to fill out IRS's
FreeFileFillableForms. I had already done my income tax and just wanted to
efile
without going thru the free tax preparers to do it.
First they required you to have the Microsoft Silverlight plugin installed
in FireFox.
When I clicked on the link,
I got the Moonlight plugin. This seemed to work. I printed the
forms I filled to file. I could open them ande read them OK.
When I tried to efile I got the error message "601
ERRV:17,135-CustH-O:-invalid zip length".
I booted to XP Pro, logged into their site and tried to efile my forms from
their site and
got exactly the same error message with windows.
I have printed out the 1040 and am going to snail mail it in.

                       Richard Smoot