Re: [SLUG] Re: google

From: PiousMinion (piousminion@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 16:41:02 EDT

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Ron Youvan wrote:
>
> Hi all:
>>

> Right now I get the regular Google image using Slackware, but with Win
>> 2000 Pro on the company desktop it is a drawing of a tropical island. I
>> don't like it when LINUX users are shortchanged by anyone. (refresh doesn't
>> change either one)
>>

> As it turns out Slackware (12.1) with Opera (10.00) gets the classic
> Google image and Slackware with sea monkey (1.1.18) gets the drawing of a
> tropical island Google image is displayed. ???
>
> --
> Ron KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm
> going to help.

Something tells me you are viewing the firefox specific start page
http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:officialor
similar instead of
http://www.google.com/

If you are using the exact google url http://www.google.com/ and not getting
the same logo I can't explain it, but I'm certain it isn't google's doing.
 All my gecko, webkit, whatever engine opera uses, and ncurses browsers show
the same image on linux and windows alike.

-- Clayton Holloway

"It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so
afflicted is incapable of knowing that he is incompetent...
..To have such knowledge would already be to remedy a good portion of the
offense. ( Miller, 1993 , p. 4)