Re: [SLUG] sed

From: blee2@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 02:51:35 EDT

Thus Eben King hast written on Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 10:23:20PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
> I'm pretty good at regexes, but programming in sed is where I break down.
> How does one convert this:

A quick google search for
        "using sed to join lines"

found
        http://sed.sourceforge.net/sed1line.txt

which gives:
         # join pairs of lines side-by-side (like "paste")
         sed '$!N;s/\n/ /'

which works in my test.