Re: [SLUG] Mp3 editor for Linux?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 12:23:36 EDT

Christian Brink wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 05:09:29AM -0400, Pete Theisen wrote:
>
>> I have about 270 mp3 files on a Sansa clip that feeds the audio on my
>> bike. Trouble is, they are not even close in volume. If the volume is
>> set appropriately for one the next one might be way-the-hell too loud,
>> creating a distraction or worse.
>
> Want you are looking to do is normalize.
>
> I suggest Mp3Gain http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ or VorbisGain http://www.sjeng.org/vorbisgain.html
>
> Both use RMS instead of peak to calculate the level and adjust the gain setting in the Tag. They do not actaully adjust the audio, so you get the levels the same without the worry of corruption or distortion (in the audio file).

Hi Christian,

There are some sort-of instructions but they are for the W-word. Dylan
said at the meeting I could do this in Linux from the command line, but
he didn't elaborate.

Well, I have normalize and mp3gain somewhere on the system. The files
are in home/pete/media/SANSA CLIPP/MUSIC. Where do I go from here?

By the way, how did that space get in the path between SANSA and CLIPP?
I copy pasted it right out of the "Location:" line. Doesn't seem right.
Oh, Sansa is running embedded winders, so . . .

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.