[SLUG] [README] *IMPORTANT* Mailing list migration

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 15:11:03 EDT

The mailing list is effectively migrated to our new home.

disuse as soon as the DNS records are correct.
I have silently subscribed everyone on the three major lists over to
mailman running on a linode I control[1].

To avoid starting a panic, I would like the following items to be very clear:

* YOU MAY RECEIVE MAIL FROM SJOFN.HARDISON.NET.
sjofn is the name of the linode. It looks weird because I use the
names of norse deities.
You should not receive any spam from this address.

After a day or two, I will switch the new mailing lists to prefer the
domain @suncoastlug.org.

* SENDING MAIL TO slug@nks.net WILL EVENTUALLY STOP WORKING.
Instead, you must send mail to slug@sjofn.hardison.net (and in two
days, @suncoastlug.org. the sjofn one will continue to work of course)

* EVERYONE WILL RECEIVE A FEW TEST EMAILS SOON
>From the new mailing lists. From that funny norse name, sjofn. Please
remain calm, it is not a Norwegian conspiracy.
I'll probably do so this evening or the morning, to ensure people have
time to read this.

* All the old rules still apply.
I intend to continue to enforce the same ruleset on the list as the
previous administration did.
No job offers, nothing for sale, etc etc. The monthly rule
announcements will continue.

Thank for your time and consideration.