Re: [SLUG] Mp3 editor for Linux?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 21:21:29 EDT

Ron Youvan wrote:

>>> http://normalize.nongnu.org/
>
>> Hmm, Synaptic says I already have it. Also something called "mp3gain".
>> I guess I don't know how to use them.

> man mp3gain is the answer.

Hi Ron,

Yes, there is this. However, the man pages generally raise as many
questions as they answer, at least to me. While googling around trying
to understand the man page I discovered that the player itself has a
similar function in it's firmware called Replay Gain. Poorly documented,
however.

It has settings from 1 to 12, with 4.5 as the default. It was set Off, I
turned it On and set it to 12. I will try that for a few days and see
how it acts.

Right now I don't know if 1 is the most correction or 12 is. Selections
on my playlist vary from very soft classics to rock 'n roll/jet fighter
takeoff volume.

The bike itself is a little loud, and the wind noise past my helmet
blankets the music as well. Thus, I have to start out loud on the soft
stuff, then a loud passage comes up and Armageddon erupts with all 250
watts.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.