Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] CTS Radio Commercial

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 01:13:16 EDT

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 12:17:00AM -0400, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > WFLA 970 AM
> >
> </snip>
>
> Ahh yes, 970... Limbaugh Central, bastion of the Far Nutty Right
> (GOP/Liberatarians).
>
> (figured this list was too quiet and I needed to say something
> inflamatory to get *something* started ;)

Well, I'm glad you had the good sense to post to this list instead of
the SLUG list.

Of course, there is not a Far Nutty Right, nor is there a vast
right-wing conspiracy. What there is, however, is a morally bankrupt
left. Daschle alluded to this the other day, when he talked about the
"valuable services" that the government is providing. I refer you to the
Constitution, which basically says that any powers not specifically
granted to the federal government by the Constitution are to be
exercised by the states or by the individual. Ninety percent of what the
government does and what the government funds today is far outside the
province of powers granted by the Constitution. The left's way of
getting around this is to get activist judges who legislate from the
bench as a way to get around the fact that laws favoring their positions
will not pass.

Daschle is one of the best examples of the left. Listen to him and then
read up on the facts. Virtually everything he says is a distortion, and
is intended to shore up his position in a PR sense. But his claims are
generally vacuous.

It's a wonderful game these folks have going. It's been going on for
decades, ever since about FDR's time. We increase taxes so we have money
to play with. Then we offer money as a carrot and withhold it as a stick
to get three things: 1) forward our agenda, 2) get ourselves re-elected,
and 3) garner more power for ourselves, so we can do more of 1 and 2. We
profess to be in favor of social causes, but truthfully only insofar as
it assists in 1, 2 and 3 above.

Examples are legion. And the Republicans are often guilty of the same
thing. But the left has crafted this into an absolute art form, and
Daschle is the Rembrandt of the art.

Since I'm not in any mood to take shit from anyone right now (yeah, it
does happen once in a while), I'll end here. If I go any further, Norb
will reply with _two_ books' worth instead of one.

Paul