Re: [SLUG-POL] The lunatic state of california

From: Isaiah Weiner (iweiner@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 03:25:29 EDT

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 01:26:46AM -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> What example did you cite? (Sorry, I truly missed it, or forgot.)

    I made a statement about behavior and cited it with a past example.
The thread is available on NCSU LUG's mailing list archives if you'd like
to read it in full. www.linux.ncsu.edu

> Unfortunately, I don't particularly follow California laws. I read about
> them, shake my head, and add another tick mark in the "Psychotic
> California Laws" column. I'm not trying to be snide-- that's the truth.
> Otherwise, I'd cite you chapter and verse. With respect to California
> gun laws, I can probably find examples in short order. Other than that,
> I'd have to dig around.
>
> And I won't argue that there aren't _good_ laws in California.
> California gave the world catalytic converters, which seem to be a good
> thing. (Though I really wish they had given us cleaner burning engines
> rather than just exhaust scrubbers.) So you can probably cite lots of
> examples of good laws. That doesn't mean there aren't some really crappy
> ones.

    Right, a good point.

> BTW, I take it you don't work for Red Hat anymore?

    I still work for Red Hat. We have a Sunnyvale office and an Oakland
office, and we used to have a SOMA, SF office. I am working on-site with a
customer for a year. It's a long but temporary assignment (which is a
pitty, the weather here is paradise IMO). I've actually spent
considerable time in California, just never for work. ;)

--
    - Isaiah