Re: [SLUG-POL] And don't even get me started on the environment ...(forgot paragraph)

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 14:01:17 EDT

Jim Wildman wrote:
> I always wondered about the legislation which forbid utilities to pass
> certain costs onto the consumers.....exactly how did those bills get
> paid? Donations??

You have to understand that California's current situation is a
cascade of after-effects upon after-effects upon after-effects.
Trying to address it now is just crazy. What California needs to do
is help finance the creation of new power plants and expedite their
creation.

> I do not want wanton pollution, but you have to be more sensible than
> "No" to every utility, industry, etc. Particularly if you chose to
> live in a desert (which alot of CA is).

But the argument I'm making is that newer and newer powerplants
generate less and less pollution and are more and more fuel
efficient. But concepts like that don't apply to the mindless
environmentalists in charge. They just hate the concept of power
plants.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413