Re: [SLUG-POL] open source projects for national security?

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 23:30:03 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:
> Why? I do suspect, and I do doubt. What shall I say instead? I don't
> have all the data at my fingertips.

It is the assumption of guilt, association and other details again
and again that has the current American attitude towards Arabs,
Muslims and those who are, in general, of the Islamic faith to be
one of general dislike.

Islam is a very tolerant, pro-capitalistic religion.

> Yet the Europeans were only too glad to have the Americans liberate them
> in WWII. Hmm.
> You want bias? When I heard that we were accepting overflights in the
> continental United States from NATO AWACs, I about hit the roof. I know,
> the Britons, the Turks and others accept U.S. bases on their own soil.
> But somehow the idea of foreign military in America rankles me. Call me
> an Ameri-chauvinist. That's right, we're special because we're
> Americans. Bet that irritates some people. ;-}

Again, your failure to investigate the details is your own fault.

The reason why NATO AWACS are patroling our borders is
_because_we_requested_it_!!! Why? Because our AWACS planes are
deployed in Asia.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413