Re: [SLUG-POL] open source projects for national security?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 23:19:30 EDT

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 05:58:15PM -0400, Bryan-TheBS-Smith wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:

<snip>

> Could we _please_ drop the "suspect" and "doubt" comments?

Why? I do suspect, and I do doubt. What shall I say instead? I don't
have all the data at my fingertips.

> > They're somewhat willing to fight amongst themselves, but not really
> > willing to have Westerners (outsiders) doing it, and aren't inclined
> > to assist in it.
>
> Look at it if the roles were reversed??? Our bias is readily
> apparent to me.

Yet the Europeans were only too glad to have the Americans liberate them
in WWII. Hmm.

You want bias? When I heard that we were accepting overflights in the
continental United States from NATO AWACs, I about hit the roof. I know,
the Britons, the Turks and others accept U.S. bases on their own soil.
But somehow the idea of foreign military in America rankles me. Call me
an Ameri-chauvinist. That's right, we're special because we're
Americans. Bet that irritates some people. ;-}

Paul