Re: [SLUG-POL] open source projects for national security?

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 17:58:15 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:
> Weak argument. I can see the staging part, but not the troops part. If
> they truly care and want to stamp this out, the can commit troops. If
> they don't, then I contend they aren't serious.

Iran is silently giving us intelligence and logistics support.
Pakistan and Saudia Arabia are helping with staging as well as
cutting off support to any organization we tell them to. Most other
nations are too far from the battle.

> Actually, I suspect that the Arabs have a cultural inhibition against
> assisting in the punishment of their fellows, at least on a
> country-to-country basis.

Could we _please_ drop the "suspect" and "doubt" comments?

> They're somewhat willing to fight amongst themselves, but not really
> willing to have Westerners (outsiders) doing it, and aren't inclined
> to assist in it.

Look at it if the roles were reversed??? Our bias is readily
apparent to me.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413