Re: [SLUG-POL] Another political spectrum test

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 14:05:23 EDT

Now I am going to have to go out and find the particular article.

1. The debate about a flat tax is irrelevant to the original statement that
the WSJ is beyond reproach. Whether you are for or against is immaterial.
My point is that the WSJ is just as likely to be inaccurate as any other
news source. I still stand by that.

2. The article*s* were not editorials.

3. The article*s* used data sets from a dubious source that manufactured
the data. The first time they reported this data as fact ---- and several
other news agencies also reported this ---- I can forgive. Everyone wanted
to be first to print with this and being first to market sometimes results
in errors. However, the second time they posted the data sets when they
were known to be false is unforgiveable. They reported as fact data sets
that were known to be manufactured.

So, my original thesis still stand: The WSJ is no more or less accurate than
any other major news outlet.