Re: [SLUG-POL] Another political spectrum test

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:13:31 EDT

Steven Johnson wrote:
> Take a step back :) I stated that the WSJ knowingly printed inaccurate
> information. The data they used was materially flawed.

You mean the _editorial_ on flat taxes? Everybody thinks their
viewpoint of taxation and economics is fact, and everybody else's is
wrong.

> You stated that the WSJ, for whatever reason, was beyond reproach.

In reporting and verifying information from other sources, they do a
fine job. Now if you have a problem with the source, I'll get you
it shortly.

> I countered by providing a known example that they are just as equally
> prone to intentionally mislead as any other publication.

Again, taxation/economics are up for debate. It is obvious that you
believe--er, "know" flat taxes are wrong. Please explain _your_
"facts" and how the WSJ, myself (among others) are reporting "false"
information when we present the flat tax _debate_.

Again, don't mix truthful reporting with opinions, beliefs and
editorials.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413