Re: [SLUG-POL] Muslims/Christians

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:09:42 EDT

"Maureen L. Thomas" wrote:
> Profiling is not perfect. But, it does have a place in our society. They
> have gathered (they being the FBI, CIA, etc etc) information on child
> molesters, serial killers, murderers, and terrorists over the years.

And right now we are starting to keep DNA profiles on children and
analyze it for behavioral issues. I personally can't wait until my
car insurance rates go up because my DNA says I am more likely to
have road rage. Or, better yet, be arrested after my wife was
killed because my DNA says I'm likely to kill the perpetrator.

DNA isn't you, it's part of you. Your mind can overcome anything,
including your DNA's programming.

> They have certain things in common. For instances, serial killers usually
> start out by torturing small animals and work there way up to humans. That
> is a known fact. It is also part of the profile they have for serial
> killers.

But this is the long-term study of behavior. Not "profiling".

> For terrorists, its being taught to hate and do anything, (kill
> others, commit suicide while killing others) to preserve their
> beliefs. These people are taught this from birth. Just look at our own
> society and how they prey on each other. The neo-Nazi's, skin heads, white
> supremists. They are all taught the same thing. To hate anything and
> anybody that does not fit their belief system.

Many of us believe the US media does the same thing with
minorities. So is the media a "mass terrorist training network"???

> Many innocent people have been murdered because of it. Can we stop it?
> Can we form a profile that would only pinpoint these cowards? Probably
> not, but it would be pretty damn close, and for me that's enough.

When they live among us, maybe. But at what point do we start
arresting people _before_ they commit the crime? We now can with
non-citizens with the USA bill. And if you think they were likely
to terrorize _before_ they got arrested, do you think they'll be
_less_likely_ when they finally get out???

I think we are only hurting the whole situation.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.   http://www.linux-wlan.org