Re: [SLUG-POL] Muslims/Christians

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 18:47:21 EDT

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:09:42AM -0400, Bryan-TheBS-Smith wrote:

> "Maureen L. Thomas" wrote:
> > Profiling is not perfect. But, it does have a place in our society. They
> > have gathered (they being the FBI, CIA, etc etc) information on child
> > molesters, serial killers, murderers, and terrorists over the years.
>
> And right now we are starting to keep DNA profiles on children and
> analyze it for behavioral issues.

Oh my gosh, where do you get this stuff? "We" is who? How widespread is
this practice by thousand births? Where are the DNA profiles kept? Who's
analyzing them?

> DNA isn't you, it's part of you. Your mind can overcome anything,
> including your DNA's programming.

Absolutely correct. A statement you'll have to take on faith: DNA has
zero to do with behavior.

> > They have certain things in common. For instances, serial killers usually
> > start out by torturing small animals and work there way up to humans. That
> > is a known fact. It is also part of the profile they have for serial
> > killers.
>
> But this is the long-term study of behavior. Not "profiling".

Yes, it is long-term study of behavior. But the FBI calls it profiling.
In fact, my uncle-in-law was one of the first guys at the FBI to come up
with this stuff (Kenneth Baker, in case anyone cares).

> > For terrorists, its being taught to hate and do anything, (kill
> > others, commit suicide while killing others) to preserve their
> > beliefs. These people are taught this from birth. Just look at our own
> > society and how they prey on each other. The neo-Nazi's, skin heads, white
> > supremists. They are all taught the same thing. To hate anything and
> > anybody that does not fit their belief system.
>
> Many of us believe the US media does the same thing with
> minorities. So is the media a "mass terrorist training network"???

Many of you are wrong. The media just fans the flames which are started
by Jesse Jackson, Kwiesi Mfume, and the other bigots who try to rally
the black population. I think MLK had a good idea, and that time period
produced more lasting changes for the blacks than the end of the civil
war. But this new crop of black bigots only assist in further enslaving
blacks.

Paul