Re: [SLUG-POL] Battle of the Bots?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 21:46:18 EST

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 06:29:34PM -0500, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> (Figured I'd wait 'wtill someone answered for me to answer)
>
> > OK, so who kicks whose ass?
> >
> > The Terminator vs. the Daleks?
>

> Who are the Daleks?

Something with Dr. Who? I never watched the show because I thought Dr.
Who was a stupid at Space 1999. (Sorry all you Who fans.)

> > Gandalf vs. Darth Maul?
> >

> Gandalf. Darth Maul was handy with a stick, but c'mon, this is like
> putting a run-of-the-mill ranger against Fizban (DragonLance).

What's a Fizban. But I agree. Gandalf's a wizard, let's face it.

> > The Borg vs. The Empire from Star Wars Episode 4? (Assume that
> > the Borg do not simply assimilate Luke.)
> >

> The Borg, though in a 1 on 1 match, Vader would eat a battalion of Borg
> for breakfast.

Not on his best day.

> > Robotic Buffy vs. Oasis
>

> Robotic buffy. Who's Oasis? The band?
>

> > Batman vs. Spider Man?
> >

> Going out on a limb here, Batman. Spiderman, yes, nice, superpowers,
> blah blah. Batman is good at finding weakneses and adapting to his
> environment faster than his opponent. Batman by a country mile.

Spidey'd have him webbed before he could get his Bat-pocket-knife out of
his Bat-utility-belt.

> > Bruce Lee vs. Jackie Chan?
> >

> Given that Chan was an underscore for Lee, I'd say lee, but not by much
                         ^^^^^^^^^^ you mean, understudy?
> anymore, though Jackie cahn is more enjoyable to watch - you gotta love
> a guy who demands that his acion dolls are smiling!

Didn't know that, but it makes sense.

Paul