Re: [SLUG-POL] Battle of the Bots?

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 22:13:39 EST

>>> Gandalf vs. Darth Maul?
>>>

>>Gandalf. Darth Maul was handy with a stick, but c'mon, this is like
>>putting a run-of-the-mill ranger against Fizban (DragonLance).
>>

> What's a Fizban. But I agree. Gandalf's a wizard, let's face it.

Fizban is (was?) a re-occuring character in the books of Margarett Weis
and Tracy Hickman (specifically in their "DragonLance" series - I was
actually just looking at a book with him and Tasslehoff as the main
characters). He's also known as Nabzif (Deathgate Cycle) and has a habit
of jumping dimentions. Pretty powerful wizard - could take Gandalf, but
most likely would simply take him out to lunch - if he could remember
his own name. He was VERY fond of the Kender Tas(selhoff) (the kender
are halflings with eternal wonderlust - where a rat wouldn't go, two
kender will be). "Fizzbutt, Fizzle, Furball... What is it that you
people called me again?"

>>> The Borg vs. The Empire from Star Wars Episode 4? (Assume that
>>>the Borg do not simply assimilate Luke.)
>>>

>>The Borg, though in a 1 on 1 match, Vader would eat a battalion of Borg
>>for breakfast.
>>

> Not on his best day

Think about it - the force and a light saber. We already saw how he
deflected shots aimed at him (with a light saber!), and I'd like to see
a borg even get close enough to try to assimilate him. So they can't
kill him by shooting and they can't get close. Looks like they're
out-gunned. Besides, if a couple of Trekkie weenies in Star Fleet
pajamas can take an entire ship out by blowing up a couple of light
bulbs, a Jedi android can probably handle them well enough - provided
we're not talking about battalions of ships, just foot soldiers
(shipwise, the Borg can't be beat - unless you have a few Trekkie
Weenies in Star Fleet pajamas taking out their light bulbs).

>>> Batman vs. Spider Man?
>>>

>>Going out on a limb here, Batman. Spiderman, yes, nice, superpowers,
>>blah blah. Batman is good at finding weakneses and adapting to his
>>environment faster than his opponent. Batman by a country mile.
>>

> Spidey'd have him webbed before he could get his Bat-pocket-knife out of
> his Bat-utility-belt.

Think again - the web wouldn't touch him before the Bat dissapeared.
Hey, if the guy can knock out Superman, he can knock out Spidey.
Besides, doesn't he know - like - the death touch or something?

>>> Bruce Lee vs. Jackie Chan?
>>>

>>Given that Chan was an underscore for Lee, I'd say lee, but not by much
>>
> ^^^^^^^^^^ you mean, understudy?

        D'OH!!!!!!! And THAT was even wrong. He wasn't an understudy, he
was a "replacement" for Lee after his death (man, that'd be like
replacing Clint Eastwood with a guy called Clint Westwood...)

>>anymore, though Jackie cahn is more enjoyable to watch - you gotta love
>>a guy who demands that his acion dolls are smiling!
>>

> Didn't know that, but it makes sense.

Go to Toys'R Us or Walmart and check out the Jacie Chan dolls. Kicking
ass and being a nice guy - you don't get better than that.