Re: [SLUG-POL] Battle of the Bots?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 00:34:05 EST

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 10:13:39PM -0500, Norbert Cartagena wrote:

> >>The Borg, though in a 1 on 1 match, Vader would eat a battalion of Borg
> >>for breakfast.
> >
> > Not on his best day
>
> Think about it - the force and a light saber. We already saw how he
> deflected shots aimed at him (with a light saber!), and I'd like to see
> a borg even get close enough to try to assimilate him. So they can't
> kill him by shooting and they can't get close. Looks like they're
> out-gunned. Besides, if a couple of Trekkie weenies in Star Fleet
> pajamas can take an entire ship out by blowing up a couple of light
> bulbs, a Jedi android can probably handle them well enough - provided
> we're not talking about battalions of ships, just foot soldiers
> (shipwise, the Borg can't be beat - unless you have a few Trekkie
> Weenies in Star Fleet pajamas taking out their light bulbs).

Well, you don't get _a_ Borg or _a few_ Borg. It's the whole damn
collective, or at least one Borg cube.

> >>Going out on a limb here, Batman. Spiderman, yes, nice, superpowers,
> >>blah blah. Batman is good at finding weakneses and adapting to his
> >>environment faster than his opponent. Batman by a country mile.
> >>

> > Spidey'd have him webbed before he could get his Bat-pocket-knife out of
> > his Bat-utility-belt.
>
> Think again - the web wouldn't touch him before the Bat dissapeared.
> Hey, if the guy can knock out Superman, he can knock out Spidey.
> Besides, doesn't he know - like - the death touch or something?

Batman knocked out Superman?! Oh yeah, I see now-- that's DC comics, not
Marvel. That explains it. I never read DC comics. I was exclusively a
Marvel fan. Not that DC completely sucked or anything.... ;-}

Paul

BTW, if you love this kind of banter, you should check out a little
comic sold in gaming stores called "Knights of the Dinner Table", all
about the geeks who play D&D and games like that. It's hilarious. Those
guys argue heatedly about the most inane stuff. Kind of like the geeks
who argue heatedly about the virtues of vi versus emacs. (Especially
goofy in light of the fact the jed is clearly the best.)