Re: [SLUG-POL] Battle of the Bots?

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 02:06:24 EST

>>>Not on his best day
>>>
>>Think about it - the force and a light saber. We already saw how he
>>deflected shots aimed at him (with a light saber!), and I'd like to see
>>a borg even get close enough to try to assimilate him. So they can't
>>kill him by shooting and they can't get close. Looks like they're
>>out-gunned. Besides, if a couple of Trekkie weenies in Star Fleet
>>pajamas can take an entire ship out by blowing up a couple of light
>>bulbs, a Jedi android can probably handle them well enough - provided
>>we're not talking about battalions of ships, just foot soldiers
>>(shipwise, the Borg can't be beat - unless you have a few Trekkie
>>Weenies in Star Fleet pajamas taking out their light bulbs).
>>

> Well, you don't get _a_ Borg or _a few_ Borg. It's the whole damn
> collective, or at least one Borg cube.

Yeah, but even they have "search parties."

>>>Spidey'd have him webbed before he could get his Bat-pocket-knife out of
>>>his Bat-utility-belt.
>>>
>>Think again - the web wouldn't touch him before the Bat dissapeared.
>>Hey, if the guy can knock out Superman, he can knock out Spidey.
>>Besides, doesn't he know - like - the death touch or something?
>>

> Batman knocked out Superman?! Oh yeah, I see now-- that's DC comics, not
> Marvel. That explains it. I never read DC comics. I was exclusively a
> Marvel fan. Not that DC completely sucked or anything.... ;-}

Actually, I cheated - it was the WB cartoon version (you know, the same
one where the Flash raced Superman - and, of course, lost?).

> Paul
>
> BTW, if you love this kind of banter, you should check out a little
> comic sold in gaming stores called "Knights of the Dinner Table", all
> about the geeks who play D&D and games like that. It's hilarious. Those
> guys argue heatedly about the most inane stuff. Kind of like the geeks
> who argue heatedly about the virtues of vi versus emacs. (Especially
> goofy in light of the fact the jed is clearly the best.)

Yeah, I've read KotDT - AWESOME comic. Speaking of which, I think it's
about time to pick up a copy at Merlin's... And as for jed, never tried
it. I use both vi and emacs. Each has its function. Vi when you have to
and Emacs whenever you can. Just stick a kernel under that emacs and
watch it run itself.

Anyways, time to work. Gee, I love my schedule...

Norb