Re: [SLUG-POL] It's Quiet in here

From: Steven Johnson (alinuxguru@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 01:26:06 EST

Just a follow up note to bring everybody up to date. Since last summer, a
few material facts presented themselves:

1. California had plenty of capacity.

2. The capacity planning turned out to be an allocation problem.

3. These allocation problems came about largely due to energy resellers
like Enron manipulating the distribution of energy.

4. Because of the "hysteria" caused by allocation California
over-engineered the solution. Now, quite literally California is giving
away energy because California re-acquired too much energy and Californias
cannot consume it fast enough.

5. So, now, Hakuna Matata, once again California has more capacity than
they actually need for the near term and forseeable future.