Re: [SLUG-POL] It's Quiet in here

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 01:01:48 EST

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:31:59PM -0500, Jim wrote:

> I agree that our previous President sucked, I just happen to rate our current
> one that way too. I realize that with his 80-90% approval rating, that I am
> in the minority. And he is smart enough not to make the same mistake his
> father did. Bush Senior had an 80% approval rating after the Gulf war, but
> did not get re-elected. So the trick is to keep the war going for 3 more
> years. I hope he doesn't run out of small countries to invade. Someone
> should tell him that Puerto Rico is already part of the US.--just kidding

Do you really imagine that Bush's motivation in all this is to stay in
office? That the war in Afghanistan was a subterfuge to maintain his
political popularity? If this is what you think, then I doubt there is
anything anyone could say (or anything that could happen) which would
have any effect on what you think of Bush.

Paul