Re: [SLUG-POL] Bushes daughter

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 18:37:31 EST

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 01:30:18AM -0500, Jim wrote:

> Since we are in a TV ratings month, and Gov Bushes daughter got busted for
> prescription fraud, now we have to watch this garbage on some of the tv news
> shows about changing the way prescription drugs are handled. This one pisses
> me off because:
>
> First, the system ain't broken. It worked, after all she got caught didn't
> she?

I love this. They do it with guns too, by citing all these people that
get caught for trying to illegally buy guns and such. You're right, it
ain't broke.

> This would be a big inconvenience to the doctors and the patients. Most
> doctors prefer the phone in method. If my prescription runs out and I call
> the doctors office, they tell me to call it in to the pharmacy and have them
> call their office.
>
> Instead of changing the system, wouldn't it be easier to change the governors
> daughter?

Agreed. But politicians never pass up a chance to posture and act like
they're doing us a favor. Mostly what they do is screw things up worse.

Paul