[SLUG-POL] Gates Joke

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 05:40:42 EST

I had to send this along. Hope you enjoy it. Maureen

Bill Gates has passed away and when he meets God,
God says, "Well, Bill, I'm really
confused on this one. I'm not sure whether to send
you to Heaven or to Hell.

After all, you enormously helped society by putting a
computer in almost every home in the world, and yet
you created that ghastly Windows. I'm going to do
something I've never done before. I'm going to let you
decide where you want to go."

Bill Gates said, "What's the difference between the
two?"

God said, "It might help you decide if you took a peek
at both places.

Shall we look at Hell first?"

Bill was amazed. He saw a clean, white sandy beach
with clear waters. There were thousands of beautiful men and women
running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The
sun was shining and the
temperature was perfect.

"This is great!" said Bill. "If this is Hell, I can't
wait to see Heaven."

Let's go, God says. Bill sees white clouds in a
beautiful blue sky, with angels drifting about playing
harps and singing. It was nice, but notas enticing as Hell.

Bill thought for only a brief moment and rendered his
decision.

"God I do believe I would prefer to go to Hell."

"As you wish," said God. Two weeks later, God decided
to check up on the late billionaire to see how things
were going. He found Bill shackled to a wall, screaming amidst the hot
flames in a dark cave. He was being tortured by demons with pitchforks.

"How ya doin', Bill?"asked God. Bill responded with
anguish and despair, "This is awful! This is not what
I expected at all! What happened to the beach and the beautiful women
playing in the water?"

"Oh, that," said God. "That was the screen saver."