[SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] Fwd: [governmentforge] Shocking news about Microsoft's ability to kill Open Source

From: Todd Robinson (mtrob@penguix.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 11:23:27 EST

I ran into this at USF, trying to sell them a particular solution to a
Linux education problem. I had what I thougt was a pretty good 'in',
with backing from several professors, and introductions... But, after
getting down to the meat of the situation, I got the news that the
Business School was not interested in teaching anything about Linux.
First because it wasn't used in any business situation... Second,
because they were able, through a special M$ program, able to buy the
entire suite of _all_ M$ products for the staff for $750, so that it
would be easy for them to teach it... It was reasonably clear that this
was what influenced the first statment. We chatted a while longer, but
never got past that.

Todd