[SLUG-POL] Re: Can't you make a point without one-sided political figure jabs? -- WAS: making a usb device persist longer

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 15:38:39 EDT

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 12:49, Paul M Foster wrote:
> By the way... let me repeat something I said to someone earlier in
> private. People who claim to have no political agenda are generally
> lying. People who truly have no political agenda generally avoid
> political discussions and don't comment. People who claim no agenda but
> comment politically generally _do_ have a political agenda. In general,
> that agenda is either 1) liberal; 2) seeks to be provocative for the
> sake of provocation; 3) seeks to erode American democratic values and
> replace them with anarchist, chaotic, amoral values.

To me, it's straightforward.

Do we want politicians who will penalize those who earn their own
income, pay for their own insurance and take responsibility for their
lives? Those who want to take away pre-tax deductions for many common,
life-requiring expenses to pay for more and more social services that
only feed the inefficiency of big government?

Or do we want politicians who realize that for every private industry
dollar earned as income, it has an _equal_ chance of being applied to
creating _new_private_sector_ jobs -- _regardless_ whether or not the
person makes $25,000 or $250,000/year.

The term "rich" is a joke to me, because it is _ambiguous_ if someone is
talking about "high income" earners or those who _already_ have
"wealth."

People think the "wealthy" when the think rich, but vote to penalize
"income earners." And sadly enough, it's those who only make $25,000 in
nearly _all_ tax increases over the last 15 years.

Tax cuts for millionaires? Give me a break. Income tax cuts typically
help those making $25,000-250,000/year -- our _prime_ assets of _small_
investors and _small_ business owners.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
"Communities don't have rights. Only individuals in the community