Re: [SLUG-POL] Facist economic model, wealth v. income, Jackson v. Bank all over again, China -- WAS: one-sided political figure jabs?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 18:50:08 EDT

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 10:41:01AM -0400, Levi Bard wrote:

> > You could be right. There's a movie that's frightening in a similar way,
> > called "Rollover". Kris Kristofferson and Jane Fonda. Except in this
> > one, the Arabs are the ones holding all the US money. Scared the crap
> > out of me the first time I saw it.
>
> Is this the one where he gets into sword duels with vampires?

I assume you're kidding, but just in case you're not, I'll summarize.
The Arabs hold a great deal of money in financial instruments in our
economy. Every six months, those instruments come up for renewal. Every
six months, the Arabs roll them over, so the money continues to remain
in play in the US economy. Except one day, they don't. Ultimately, the
US economy crashes. There's a love story in there, and a couple of other
things, but that's the gist of it. Great movie.

Paul