Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] OT: Using your IT skills for good or evil

From: Jim Wildman (jim@rossberry.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 12:29:51 EST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Promiscuity didn't cause it. It was an *indicator* of the pending demise
> of past societies. There were other indicators as well, generally
> related to a degradation of morality and ethics.
>
> You can't name current societies without rampant promiscuity (except for
> fundamentalist theocracies), because there *aren't* any currently.
>
> (Thanks for putting this on the politics list!)

And it can certainly be argued that all major civilizations today are in
decline as to anything other than economic or military force.

Corporate crime? Personal crime? Personal truthfulness? Politeness?
Tolerance? Individual responsibility?

Are any of these demonstrably moving in a positive direction?

And I include in 'crime', things that are done, but not
detected/punished. ie, speeding, lying on tax forms, deceiving stores
in order to get a discount, etc, etc.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE jim@rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine