Re: [SLUG-POL] Re: [SLUG] OT: Using your IT skills for good or evil

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 13:04:18 EST

> Promiscuity didn't cause it. It was an *indicator* of the pending demise
> of past societies. There were other indicators as well, generally
> related to a degradation of morality and ethics.

I would say that, if anything, widespread promiscuity is a sign of
societal prosperity. It signifies that people have:
a) plenty of leisure time
b) either fairly effective birth control or enough wealth to be able
to deal with consequences
c) fairly effective STD prevention and treatment measures

> You can't name current societies without rampant promiscuity (except for
> fundamentalist theocracies), because there *aren't* any currently.

Agreed.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!