Re: [SLUG-POL] Best government in the world? Was: [SLUG] Mark Klein's AT&T statement in the EFF cas

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 08:10:45 EDT

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 15:57 -0500, Levi Bard wrote:
> I just hate this attitude that we seem to be infected with, that the
> US has hands-down the best government in the world, and that
> everyplace else is a third-world nation compared to here.
> Particularly by people who have never been out of the country.

The US sucks -- until you realize there's nothing better.

The US _not_ fair.
The US is _free_.

That's why there's "less safety nets" but also "more wealth."
The more "safety nets" the "more government" the "less wealth."

I don't want the government to save me.
I can fend for myself.

--
Bryan J. Smith            Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com