Re: [SLUG] All Show Volunteers

From: Tim Jones (tim@linuxtampa.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 21:13:40 EDT

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 05:12:19PM -0400, Glen Canaday wrote:

> I'll also have maybe a few open source, the heavy gear 2, and soldier of
> fortune demos from maximum linux installed that people can see that you *can*
> have linux and games, too. That's about all I have planned, if someone has
> any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I wrote all the software for an Linux ATM machine a year and a half ago, and
for our demo, we used AVI files of Movie Trailers. I didn't ask about the
legalities of it, but I cannot imagine a movie company complaining about showing
trailers FOR them, for free, and they seem to be pretty lawyer-wary on other issues.

I believe I have them archived on a CD-ROM, and they total maybe 10 minutes.
007: The world is not enough, Mission Impossible II, Toy Story (II, I think),
and Deep Blue Sea, plus a little AVI file with an audio track for the ATM machine
company itself (my client was moneytreeatm.com).

Would you like me to put them up on my site for you to view?

Thanks,

Tim

 Timothy Jones - LinuxTampa.com - 813-65-LINUX
Open Source Programming, Databases & Networking