Re: [SLUG] Industrial Linux

From: Toby FreakSoft (freaksoft@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 00:32:40 EDT

Being a C programmer myself I would use C. To read and write to a serial prot
is rather easy. The HOWTO almost takes all the fun out of doing the
programming. The only thing I am wondering is about the bar code printer. This
maybe a problem you will have with all the languages if you don't know now to
correctly write to it. Although if you have a document or know how then
nevermind. All in all I would use C.. But in the end it may come down to what
languages do you know and how much time do you have to learn it in...

~ T