Re: [SLUG] Mount point does not exist - 2

From: Frank Roberts (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 10:09:51 EDT

Thanks Greg

And thanks to all who have responded about the mounting problem.

I was not kidding though about two things.

The first and most important being that I utterly hate configuration
programs that automatically configure things. My experience is that most
of the time these programs do not work all of the time. I have observed
that for 2 identical pieces of equipment that automatic configuration
programs work fine at times and at other times they fail miserably. This
not only applies to Linux but definitely applied to the mini processor
controllers I once worked on. This time 2 hard drives 2 completely
different configurations for the same piece of equipment. In both setups
one part part does not (and not the same part) for identical hardware.

Second the only reason for configuring this was to down load the latest
system so that my video problems would disappear. My video card is not
supported by the older versions of Linux.

Having the realization that my time has value maybe not a high value but
some value and that making an automatic configuration program work could
take months I ordered earlier today the latest version of Red Hat -
RH7.1.

In the coming weeks I will be installing this on my system and if
situation is normal I will probable encounter a number of difficulties.
This is normal too. At that point I hope that members of the group will
be as kind with their advice as they have been in the past.

To conclude I apology for wasting people time with a setup that will not
utilized after installation of the new version.

Thanks
Frank