Re: [SLUG] debian user out there?

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:39:28 EDT

Before you start playing with apt-get, which is a great tool, try dselect.
It is a terminal front-end (you don't need X to use it) It is a little
rough but read the help and the keystroke guide to search for the X server
you need and it will download it and install it for you.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Seth wrote:

> I was playing with debian last night, and must say I was very iimpresses with
> it. However I can't get X working, I have a geforce2MX vid card , and debian
> came with Xfree86 3.3.6 I need to apparently install the X svga package but
> can't figure out how to do it via apt-get. Ideally I wan't to get X 4.0.x but
> would settle for any type of graphical display
>
> whenever I try the command "apt-get install XXXXX" it just seems to sys with
> a mirror and tell me the list is up to date
>
> Seth
> seth@hollen.org
>
> Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

| Mark Bishop (mark@bish.net) | Computer Engineer |
| 813.258.2390 | Network Engineer |
| http://bish.net | Embedded Programmer |