Re: [SLUG] RedHat 7.1 Install fails

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 17:34:45 EDT

patrick wrote:

> On Monday 30 April 2001 03:02 pm, you wrote:
> > Has anyone installed RedHat 7.1? I just tried to
> > install it and after booting from my RH 7.1 CD (which
> > has installed all versions of RH since 6.0) The
> > install says it can't find a RH install CD. It then
> > told me to place a RH 7.1 install CD in the CD-Rom,
> > all well and good. But I can't open the CD-Rom as the
> > install has it locked.
> >
> > I then tried Mandrake 8.0 and it had no problems with
> > the CD.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe a bad burn
> > but I was able to boot from the RH CD.
> >
> > Maybe it's just time to switch to Mandrake :)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike Manchester
> >

> we all need to stay wit Mandrake

That's the wonderful thing about GNU/Linux.. you have a choice (such as
my choosing SuSE rather than Mandrake... An yes, I've tried them both ;)

P.S.
I tend to be a pacifist about this one (because they all have their
goods and bads) but if you want to (just for kicks!!), may the holy wars
begin *hee hee hee*. First a comment on a GUI ("Mandrake and KDE.. the
future of Linux.... it really is..."), then on a Distro... oh yeah...
it's-a-brewin'...

Norb