Re: [SLUG] Newbie Questions & Next NPR Meeting Questions

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 18:25:31 EDT

> While it is sad we lost Stormix we can still use it for a while.
> However we would like to have you come out and bring your laptop.
>
> Thanks
> Bill Preece

Thanks for the encouragement, will do for sure!

Would you recommend that I consider acquiring Progeny or Mandrake 8
as a replacement or just keep Stormix and use apt-get to keep it up to date
via Debian from now on?

I'm not clear as to why I'd ever need to dump Stormix since I understand
that Debian developers will replace/update anything that needs to change.
(Is that true or are there pieces of Stormix that will eventually get in the
way?)

I was also reminded at the Mandrake site that I would be abandoning Debian
for the RH distro were I to abandon Stormix and not migrate to Progeny vs
Mandrake. Decisions and consequences, the constant challenge of human
existence!

See you all May 5th!

Thanks! Doc

"We should take care not to make the intellect our god;
it has powerful muscles, but no personality." Einstein