Re: [SLUG] RedHat 7.1 Install fails

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:35:03 EDT

> like i said install mandrake 8. the wars are over guys.

Sure, if you never have to deal with ANY configuration files (not very
likely). Unfortunatelly, though Mandrake is very user friendly, it's
simply sloppy (compare its fstab files to something like SuSE's fstab
file or the lilo.conf file and you'll see why I say that), and
deffinitelly NOT user friendly to anyone more advanced than point and
click. Also, the pittance they give for documentation is simply a sign
of "rushing a product out." Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Now, of course, you
can have your point 'n click and config too, with something like SuSE.
Great developement environment, easy to set up, fast to configure and
simple to upkeep. Best of all worlds. Good for the developer, good for
the administrator, good for the home user, good for the gamer and - most
importantly - good for me.

And as for the Debian crowd, I won't argue, if you can it is as
comfortable as Stormix. Great distro, great config tools, great package
management and well thought out... if you can live without documentation
(sorry, Derek, not all of us are "gods" ;)

Quoth the Norbert,
*smirk some more*