Re: [SLUG] Choosing a Distro to Replace Stormix

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:19:58 EDT

From: "Bpreece" <bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com>

> Well first of all if it works why replace it???? You can always update the
> pieces and heck with a litte change
> here and there you could build your own distro based off Stormix.
>
> This is the beauty of Linux.

It's not working fully yet ... which is why I am bring my laptop to the May
5th
meeting. If everything is rendered OK at that point then I would be
reluctant
to change ... but will listen closely to arguments in favor of other
distros.

BTW: I have observed that both Stormix and Libranet are Canadian, is there
a special Debian relationship to Canada or mere coincidence?

Thanks! Doc