Re: [SLUG] Choosing a Distro to Replace Stormix

From: edoc (kd4e@arrl.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:19:10 EDT

> Ever thought of trying Libranet?
>
> http://www.libranet.com (I believe it's version 1.9)
>

> Norb

I looked at it just now, I recall hearing the name before.
I'm not sure I see what Libranet offers that Stormix via
apt-get Debian updates. Once Stormix is fully functional
and updated as appropriate will I really see a meaningful
difference between it and Libranet?

As a point of interest I have observed that Libranet (Canadian
company) is $20. vs Progeny (Americamn company) $40.
Stormix was less expensive than Progeny as well but they went
broke. Is there a linkage there anywhere?

Thanks for the suggestion ... Doc